Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Style To The Nines


Style and fashion are a trademark of femininity. A certain thought process happens on any given morning when we pick out our clothes and how we want to present ourselves to the world. For instance, maybe you are going on an interview and you head straight for your two piece suit. Going on a first date? Instinctively you head for your little black dress. Meeting your future in-laws? The cardigan sweater with the a pearl necklace is fail safe.  
                     
But maybe you are having one of those days where you wake up in the morning feeling just blah? Possibly for no good reason. And you just know it's going to take everything out of you to get through the day. Well, that was me today.

I was already running late for work so I went to my default wrap dress which doesn't need to be ironed. It always looks great and it's comfortable. I was going to opt out of my usual make-up routine. Instead, here I was, knowing that the day ahead would be long and hard. And I decided to fake it until I could make it. What this means is I had to put on a full face of make-up.

Despite feeling horrible and wanting to crawl back into bed even though I had already hit the snooze button 3 times. I knew that I would have to look fabulous just to pull through the day even if I didn't feel fabulous.

I hope the next three steps can aid you in getting through your next "Blah Day".

1. Go Glamorous. It's okay to go to work with the "smokey eye" look. I used Sketch eye shadow by Mac along with Goldmine (for contrast) and Orb under my brow for highlighting, all products of Mac.

2. Don't leave the house without lip gloss. I decided to go with Ornamental also by Mac.

3. Wear your pretty dress. Yeah, the pretty dress that you hang ever so carefully in the back of your closet.  Pull it out and wear it like it's Saturday night. Even if it is only Tuesday.

Remember the scene from Breakfast At Tiffany's where Audrey Hepburn is forced to rush out of the house at a moments notice? She goes from pj's to positively glamorous in about 5 minutes. She is looking for her shoes underneath the bed and throws on a black dress, a fabulous black hat and big sunglasses. Not to underestimate the fact that she is after all, well, Audrey Hepburn, but you get the idea.

So the next time you wake up feeling "blah" think glamorous and go for it!!!

No comments: