Thursday, August 7, 2008

Summer Festin, Le Festin


I sit listening to the lyrics of "Le Festin" by Camille as I write this article. My favorite part is when she talks about setting the table.

La fete va enfin commencer
Sortez les bouteilles; finis les ennuis
Je dresse la table, de ma nouvelle vie
Je suis heureux a l'idee de ce nouveau destin
Une vie a me cacher et puis libre enfin
Le festin est sur mon chemin

Setting the table is how one sets the atmosphere for a "Summer Festin". I chose a simple yellow table cloth and a petite bouquet of wild flowers to set the mood of summer time in the South of France. If I was living in the South of France, this is what my party "festin" would look like.



I made the occasion simple, yet inviting. I had typical summer food such as, BBQ ribs and chicken, pasta salad, potato salad etc. I took advantage of the Yellow Watermelon since it matched my color scheme. I placed the yellow watermelon on the tables as a before dinner treat. A simple menu for a backyard "Summer Festin" set the tone for comfort and relaxation. 

Adding more to the atmosphere was a well thought out play list on my ipod. Summer time songs and upbeat music put my guests in the mood for a jovial summer time evening. To mention a few, my playlist included songs from the Beach Boys, Bob Marley, Feist, and Madeleine Peyroux. Petite twinkle lights gave a subtle touch of summer evening whimsy.


At the end of the evening I passed out petite "goodie" bags that had the Eiffel Tower on them. The bags were filled with a variety of candy. Friends talked and laughed and enjoyed the coolness of the summer's night air.

A simplistic evening, a well dressed table, great music, good food and friends is just another day in my European Style Life.

No comments: