Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Walking to the Grocery Store

Yesterday I did something that I have never done before in California…I walked to the grocery store. As part of my effort to reach 10,000 steps per day, I decided to get two things done at once. After being at work all day and making my efforts to get in my 10,000, I needed just a couple more thousand to reach my goal. So, I headed off to the grocery store on foot. The photo doesn't really convey my trip to the grocery store. But in my idealistic life in Europe, I'd wear this type of outfit to the marché as I walk my dog named "Fifi".

This outing had to be one of those little trips to the grocery store where I would not need to pick up many heavy items. It all worked out. As I used by “Visez Vert” reusable canvas bag that has the Eiffel Tower on it, I felt like a true European as I carried home fresh bread and veggies.

After I arrived at home, I made dinner, cleaned up and started making hats. I may not live in Europe yet, but walking to the grocery store and making hats after dinner is just another day in my European Style Life.

No comments: