Thursday, September 9, 2010

The 4 Cs. Chic, Cute, Comfy and Casual

This summer in Los Angeles has been unusually cool. We've had a very mellow summer. My typical summer wardrobe needed some versatility.

One piece that I recently added to my wardrobe is from Anthropologie. The "Craft and Creation" blouse is great for layering with a cute cardi. I initially bought the blouse to wear with jeans out on a weekend get-a-way to Disneyland. We were staying at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel to finish off our summer and I wanted to be the 4 Cs. What are the 4 Cs? Chic, cute, comfy and casual.

The weather had dramatically cooled down and it was a mere 72 degrees. This blouse/tee turned out to be perfect. I paired it with a soft printed cardi that contrasted the colors in the blouse along with my jeans and sandals. It was a comfortable piece to wear at a theme park all day, yet still added a bit of style in contrast with a plain t-shirt. When the event calls for wearing jeans, you need not return to your Junior High School days when girls wore T-shirts with phrases on them. We're all big girls now, and this is how a woman wears a t-shirt.

Upon returning home I needed another outfit for an evening out to dinner with friends on the following weekend. I then paired the "Craft and Creation" blouse with a grey and white striped skirt that was already in my wardrobe. I found the 4 Cs skirt in the South of France last spring. I adore this skirt. It's easy to wear and lined in cotton. What a gem!

It happened to be that by the following weekend the summer temperatures had returned and it was 98 degrees. The blouse held true to the reason for purchase, the 4 Cs. I ended up loving this outfit. I received many compliments by strangers on the street. What a great purchase!

Adding pieces to my wardrobe that are versatile enough to wear with jeans and skirts is just another day in my European Style Life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your style!! I am a 4c believer!