Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Air France, Non-stop Los Angeles to Paris

In just 12 days from now when I take my Air France non-stop flight from Los Angeles to Paris it will be exactly 2 years to the day from my last trip to Europe. It feels like an eternity. I long to see the Eiffel Tower from above as the plane begins to make the descent. I yearn to hear the flight attendant say “Welcome to Paris”. I ache to be greeted with “Bonjour Madame” and to say “Merci” at every opportunity. But alas, I must suffer through an 11 hour flight first.

It’s a small price to pay if it get’s me France. I do, however, enjoy flying on Air France for a few different reasons. The first reason is that as soon as you get to the airport, no matter what city you live in, you start your European experience. From the moment you enter the Air France terminal you are surrounded by Europeans. You can quickly begin to speak French as soon you reach the ticket counter and continue using French with the flight attendants on the plane. Not to mention the ever so fashionable female flight attendants that leave you wondering, “where can I pick up one of those darling little navy blue suits with an accenting scarf”?

Another reason is the food on Air France. We know all too well that airplane food is nothing to write home about, but on Air France you definitely are served a better meal. Usually, you are served French yogurt, bread and cheese along with other French food items. And of course, on international flights the wine is offered at no cost. Voila! Free French wine. What a great way to start your vacation.

I can’t hide my enthusiasm when we are dropped off at the airport by friends or family when they ask “Which terminal are you flying out of”? I ardently respond with a contented smile and respond “Air France, please”. Air France, non-stop Los Angeles to Paris will be departing shortly.

No comments: