Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Our First Day In Paris

After a long 11 hour flight, all one can hope to do is try to get over jet lag. So far so good. I actually felt less than beaten up by the flight this time. Perhaps it was because there were so many great movies on our flight that I did not even miss our DVD player that we mistakenly forgot at home. That is not to say that I did not miss watching French Kiss and Ratatouille on board as I had planned. C'est la vie. With Air France's selection of American and French films, the time pretty much "flew" by.

I think I might have slept on the plane for two hours. When I woke up we only had 2 1/2 hours before landing in my favorite city in the world, Paris. Upon arrival we checked into our hotel where we promtly went to sleep for a solid four hours. Next, we exited the hotel and walked around looking for a place to have a much anticipated sandwich. Mmmmmm, French bread. You could have put cardboard in the middle of the sandwich and I would not have noticed. It's been so long since I've had true French bread. Delicious! Simple, mais delicieux!

Alors, now I am ready to head back to my beautiful hotel room, watch some French TV (French spoken at the rate of le TGV) and have the sweetest dreams that one can only have in Paris. Bon nuit!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Does anyone know how to say "You're a jerk" in French? I'll have to work on that one... I'm la jealous. Keep the updates coming!